Hot Spot: Glenn Peter Perez




Who is called Glenn Peter Perez? Well, let me share to you how I met this man named Glenn Peter Perez.

We actually have known each other through Social Networking site, Myspace (because Friendster was still a stranger that time).
Way back in 3rd year high school, there was this subject called Journalism, where one of the topics was Photojournalism, the different kinds of getting images and its elements, we were required to get images based on our own concept and of course, I did not hesitate to choose Portrait and Stolen Shots because I wanted my audience to see the candid ones and real emotions of each image. Also, I aimed for a higher grade so what I did was, I asked people around me and their advice was to sign-up for a Myspace account where I will find many photo-hobbyists. I immediately signed up and begun to explore. There I found an image of a woman, it was a candid shot and the emotions were like, the one I really wanted to get. I've got to know  who owns the image. Funny at first I thought the owner was a girl, but it was actually "G" (this is how I call Glenn). That was the start of my non-stop queries about photography and take note, he was also still a student that time. (I would say we have known each other for quite sometime) and now he has gone too far. From being a simple photo-hobbyist, he is now a Professional Fashion Photographer.



 He is one of my inspirations when it comes to Portrait Shoot.

Goodness when the time that I was bugging him, he was still not that busy.

Let's now start the Hot Spot.


___________________________________________________________________


Name / Alias: Glenn Peter Perez / GLP
Website: http://www.the-blackfox.com
Location: Currently in Mandaluyong City
Age: 25
Education: Ab Multimedia
Genre of your Photography: Fashion and Portraiture


Tell me about yourself:

 I’m a person who is keen on observing everything around me from small things to deeper side of view in life, that is why I learned or naturally learned to read people’s behavior or to be just empathic to people.


How did you get started in photography? and what camera did you use? 

Didn’t even realize that I will become a photographer until today shooting models as my profession. I first started using a canon powershot then I bought CANON 40D and upgraded to Canon Mark series.

How would you characterize the style of your photography? 

Before I would say,..deep and artsy.. but now.. PHOTOGRAPHY is everything.. My Style is something to do with my own taste or touch in every image. Everyone can shoot beautiful portraits its how we choose the perfect frame to present in short (HOW WE PRESENT images)

Why did you make photography your career? 

I didn’t choose it, it chooses me. I never dreamt on becoming to be a photographer, when my life was a mess. Photography came into my life and it adds my Life color and productivity, it boosts my creativity.

How did you become a photographer? 
is this really your passion or did someone inspired in this profession?

Ofcourse, it started out as a hobby like everyone else, and when people sees my work, they hire me to do shoots for them. Ever since when I was still younger I was inspired with the cinematic feel, and creative concepts of AdreaGiacobbe Director, until today actually.

Have u ever captured a breathtaking scenario or incident?

Mmmm I consideer every images “breathtaking!” lol I wish to capture UFO! And other beings outside this planet hehe

Where did you get some idea for your photoshoot?

Ideas… from the location+ styling+ model’s stance+Lighting  combine them equals a GREAT image.
Let’s say you've done a shoot, then you get home,
take a good look at the pictures and realize they are not great.
Honestly, you just whiffed it with a wrong camera setting or something.

Do you ask the clients for a re-do or post-process as best you can to try and fix things? 

Yes,if it is not great either I wont touch any of the photo and just pick the best shot. Never re-do a shoot .time waste

What makes a photographer a “professional”?

Professional Photographers should know what they are doing, what to achieve in every layout or images, to be a pro you should level your vibe to command and direct. To be a pro you should know how to respect from your subordinates to higher rank of people, to be a pro you are able to produce images that is soothing to the client’s eyes.


In your career whom do you wish/dream to work with?

Honestly, I dreamt of working w/ Hollywood actor’s and actresses, cause the real world is out there. Kidding aside fro the impossible dream LOL I want to work w/ people I deserve to work w/ anyone!

What tips can you give to someone aspiring to be a professional photographer?
Just do it!, keep on shooting! Brand yourself! No if’dkexiowalaakongganitogamitganyan. Just shoot and test/challenge yourself

What are the best tools for a beginner to learn on (besides the camera)?

Watch Behind the scenes of some of the most famous photographer today. INTERTNET all the sources you can find Is available online! ?

What are the pros and cons of being a photographer? Please be specific.

WE ALL KNOW

Photographers also likes to be photographed!

Pros: we are in command, we know what’s best,
Cons: no cons we love our work e

If you weren't a photographer, what would you want to be? Why?

To be a painter, 3d artist (perokulangakosatyaga)

How do you see yourself 20 or 30 yrs from now?

I see my self as a teacher… for the new emerging talents in the 21st century. I want to be an inspiration to everyone! ?

I got some question from Brian Abcede Daya

Ask if pano ka napunta sa photogrphy from nursing db? not everyone knows about that? kse dati nakikita lng kita sa school and some events with our common friends .... is it destiny that leads you to photography? and pano mo nahiligan ang photography

GLP: Noong nag nursing ako.. yes I can do all the nursing jobs. Pero MEY nag push sken sa puso ko nanggagaling malakasang kutob ko, I am no for this… I immediately shift my course… sa Multimedia find a good school. Wala pa ako hilig or idea sa photography, not until mey major subjuect kami DIGITAL IMAGING, and we have projects like to make a shoot,… duon nag start, and I realize , I have a potential, I just found my Niche! At duon ko nakilala si Filbert Kung and I apprentice sakanya. Then we later became partners tandem, NOW mey artist individuality na kami, and my OWN website soon to launch soon! Theglennpeter so stay tuned… I will be coming back on track this year and the coming years! And wel also explore the PAINTING SIDE! Of art :D yipeee tra ART NA! haha Brian Abcede Daya


Here some of the works of GLP







JJ Uy







For more photos kindly go on the http://www.the-blackfox.com 

Comments

  1. I should remember the name "GLEN PETER PEREZ"

    i'm gonna add his link sa blog ko.

    axl, minsan tumira rin tayo ng portraiture shots - nakaka inspire!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Ollie. whahaha oo tama,, kaso minsan mahirap... hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  3. great job axl! i like the interview. it was nice knowing an artist like glenn. keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice, I like this feature. I kinda agree with him too, "photographers want to be photographed too..." Had that experience with Nimmy. And he's often frustrated that I don't get to have good pictures for him. Oh well... He's the photographer, not me. LOL.

    Cheers to this entry. Great job AXL.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @asiong.. salamats

    @mpoy.. mamats!

    @leo.. salamats sa pagdaan leo!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Axl astig ang portion na ito.Galing ni Glen.siya pala yong kumuha ng cover shoot ng Ilustrado 3rd anniversary edition.
    Akala ko mala series na madramang kwento ito interview pala. Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great words from someone who loves his vocation. I really love his words below. No doubt magaling siya sa photography because he's doing it with his heart.

    I didn’t choose it, it chooses me.

    To be a pro you should know how to respect from your subordinates to higher rank of people, to be a pro you are able to produce images that is soothing to the client’s eyes.

    I deserve to work w/ anyone!

    I want to be an inspiration to everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great words from someone who loves his vocation. I really love his words below. No doubt magaling siya sa photography because he's doing it with his heart.

    I didn’t choose it, it chooses me.

    To be a pro you should know how to respect from your subordinates to higher rank of people, to be a pro you are able to produce images that is soothing to the client’s eyes.

    I deserve to work w/ anyone!

    I want to be an inspiration to everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  9. HOWOW!!! bigtime!

    "No if
    ’dkexiowalaakongganitogamitganyan. Just shoot and test/challenge yourself"

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great interview! Good job glenn! more power

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Glenn has always been passionate in capturing the essence of life, and through photography he reveals just that.

    Good luck GLP, more power to you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Can't take my eyes off Glenn, IDK Why. :|

    ReplyDelete
  14. so galing2!

    nakakainspire super!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. ganda ng mga pictures. binisita ko rin ang blog nya. napawow naman ako. then speechless ako. first time makakilala (di man personally) ng tulad nya. wow talaga.

    ReplyDelete
  16. GLEN PETER PEREZ equals pogi. yun lang. haha

    ReplyDelete
  17. parang gusto ko tuloy pasukin ang photography

    nakakainspire siya :)

    galing galing...

    ReplyDelete
  18. wow.,.kaw pala 2?

    ReplyDelete
  19. nkaka-LSS tlgah ung background music promise!
    eniweiz, congrats Glenn keep it up!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. this is so cool, gusto ko rin mgshift ng course pero sayang naman ang pinang aaral sakin kung hindi ko tatapusin. siguro pg my pera na mg enroll na lang ulit =)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts