YouTurn : Jon Philippe Go


Jon Philippe Go isa sa mga mahuhusay na aktor sa “Eto Na! MusikalnAPO!” ng 9Works Theatrical, nauna ko syang nakita umarte sa palabas ng Artist Playground Presents : 'I Remember a Boy' na kung saan gumanap sya bilang Eero.

 One of the scene in the 'I Remember a Boy'
Habang pinapanood ko sya sa palabas na yun nakita ko sa kanya na may passion talaga sya sa kanyang ginawa at lalo ung karakter nya sa palabas ng 'I Remember a Boy' ay isang medyo may pagka player ng damdamin. Kaya naman hindi na ako nagdalawang isip pa na interviewhin ko sya pagkatapos ng palabas na iyon at habang nag-uusap kami ay madami din syang kwento tungkol sa mga karanasan nya sa loob at labas ng teatro.

Kaya naman noong nabalitaan ko na nakasali sya sa bagong palabas ng 9Works Theaterical ay isa ako sa natuwa sa kanyang pagpasok sapagkat alam ko na mas pagbubutihin nya ito ng husto at hindi nga ako nagkamali sapagkat ang ganda ng naging role nya sa “Eto Na! MusikalnAPO!” na ang dami daming makakarelate sa buhay na ginagampanan nya kasi lalo na kung pagsasabayin mo ang passion mo at ang gusto ng magulang mo para sa iyo na minsan kahit ayaw mo gagawin mo makita mo lang na maging masaya ang magulang mo hindi ba? Kaya hindi na ako nagtaka pa kung bakit isa yan sa mga nagustuhan nyang role noong nainterview ko sya para dito.

Kaya naman samahan mo akong kilalanin pa natin ng husto kung sino nga ba si Jon Philippe Go sa mundo ng teatro sa Pilipinas at ang karanasan nya dito.



Full Name and Alias:Jon Philippe Go (Jep Go)
Twitter: @JPhilippeGo
Instagram:@JPhilippeGo
Location: Quezon City
Age:29
Education: Licensed Chemist

Tell me something about yourself that people don't know:  
I can understand Bisaya and that I dream of becoming a great dancer. Haha!

What is your current state of mind before we continue with the interview?
Contented and grateful.

When did you first know you wanted to become an stage actor?
When my friend invited me to watch Wicked’s Manila Tour in CCP back in 2014

What was the first show you ever did? And how’s the experience?
The Little Prince Musical by Make Believe Productions—I portrayed the Pilot there. It has been a very rewarding experience because it is one of my most-loved books and I get to tell the story to kids and kids-at-heart! I also met people who became family to me.

What has been your favorite role so far?
Out of the roles I’ve done so far, I can say that portraying Ray in “Eto Na! MusikalnAPO!” has been my favorite. There’s so much heart and humanity in him that I relate to in so many levels.

One of my favorite scene in “Eto Na! MusikalnAPO!”
Have you ever played someone of the opposite gender? (If not do you want to try it?) What was that like?
No, I haven’t, but I have portrayed an elephant once! Yep, you guessed it right—Horton the Elephant from “Seussical.” I had so much fun creating Horton during our workshop production in Atlantis because he certainly has lots of quirks that most people do not easily understand.

What show/shows are you currently working on?
I am currently part of 9 Works Theatrical’s original Filipino musical “Eto Na! MusikalnAPO!”

Have you ever forgotten your lines, or a prop, or choreography during a performance? What happened?
Yes, I have forgotten lines especially during rehearsals. But as they say, one must be on-their-toes whenever these mishaps happen. So, I remind myself to always keep focused and just be in the moment with my scene partners.

What is something that you know now that you wish you knew when you were first starting out as an actor?
That doing less is giving more and learning how to let things go; not being overly analytical.

If you could choose, what three actors would you really want to work with?
It’s hard to select from a sea of extremely talented actors here in our country, but the one who tops my list is, of course, Lea Salonga!



Why do you think theater is important?
Theater gives us an avenue to tell compelling stories through our whole body and share that to everyone in the audience. It’s a very giving profession.

Why do you think so many aspiring actors end up giving up on their dream?
I cannot speak for any of them but as with every dream one intends to pursue, one must toil hard and accept that it comes with its ups and downs. Nothing in life ever comes easy, but the journey one goes through takes us a step closer to our dreams.

What is something embarrassing or unexpected that happened to you on stage?
So far, it has to be my lapel pack falling off my costume. I hope and pray nothing worse ever happens.

What are some of the greatest fears you think actors/actress face?
Again, I can’t speak for others but mine would be losing the energy to create.

What makes a good stage actor in your opinion?
One who listens intently and is living in the moment. I have been given that advice many times, and for that I am very thankful.

What is the most rewarding part of stage actor?
Being able to share the entire story to our audience, especially when they end up saying they want to watch it over and over.

Wacky shoot of Jeff Flores and Jep Go
Let's talks about your show "Eto Na! MusikalnAPO", what's your role there and how's working with 9Works Theatrical?
My role here is Ray, a sophomore pre-Med student. Working with 9 Works Theatrical has been a blast! Everyone is very helpful and the process has been very collaborative ever since we began rehearsals.

What's your favorite APO hiking society song and why is that?
Awit ng Barkada – it reminds me of college life and the things we endured in our barkada.

What is your song on your life base in APO hiking society songs?
Awit ng Barkada

If you weren't a stage actor or an artist, what would you want to be? Why?
I am a licensed chemist so apart from acting, I mix stuff here and there. 😊

What advice would you give to someone who wanted to do what you do?
Just keep on working hard for your goals. Take lessons and workshops. When failure humps the road, learn to accept it and move on. Be thankful for every opportunity, no matter how small.

How do you see yourself 20 or 30 yrs from now?
I’d have my own company, still practicing my profession as a chemist, and doing acting on the side. Of course, this time, my family will be there in the audience—or better yet, with me onstage!

First photo grab at the facebook of Jep Go.

Comments

Popular Posts