Hot Spot : Bryan Benida

Who is Walter Bryan Q.Benida? Walter Bryan an also know as Bryan, well, let me share to you how I met this man.

Unang kaming nagkita o mas sabihin nating nagkakilala sa isang tumblr gathering for the photowalk organize by the famous tumblr group #jaywalkersph.

The first time i talk to this guy i thought may pag suplado,but when we have a chance to talk to him, ayun instant click, animo'y matagal na kaming magkakilala, sad to say lang eh nag usap kami kung kailan patapos na yung event na iyon.

Before i forget,Bryan is an official member of  #jaywalkersph, a stage actor at WhiteLight Creative Productions, and he not just a photographer is graduated of B.S.N. from Emilio Aguinaldo College.


For you to get to know him more, I am having him as guest in my feature multimedia interview popularly known as Hot Spot.


____________________________________________  

Name / Alias: Bryan Benida
Website: http://www.bryanbenida.tumblr.com
Location: Dasmariñas City, Cavite
Age: 20
Education: BS Nursing
Genre of Photography: Street, Portraiture/Fashion Photography

Tell me about yourself that people dont't know: 
I grew up in Christian family. I am a theater actor and aspiring film-maker. I have so many dreams,
I want to be a doctor/surgeon/anesthesiologist. And artist!  Well, I am observant everywhere I go.
I love designs and arts. I hate arguing with others.

How did you get started in photography? and what camera did you use? 
I started in photography, when I was in 18, 3rd year college.
It was started when I was browsing the HQ photographs of my friend in facebook.
My first camera was my camera phone, and my eldest sister gave to me her old digital camera Olympus SP-350,then I used it. But after several months, it is broken. Then, I asked my mom to buy another camera for me, and that's GE x5. I used it for one year. Then, I asked for a graduation gift, then it's DSLR.
Currently, my camera is Canon EOS Rebel T2i or Canon EOS 550D.

How would you characterize the style of your photography?
When I take pictures, I think those people who'll see my photos. And I have to convinced them.
I have to touch their minds, and their hearts. And they have to feel the message of my photographs.

Who or what influenced you to become a photographer?
Great photographers from tumblr.

How did you become a photographer? 
I confirmed to myself that I am a photographer when I attended workshops/seminars and photowalks. I

Why did you make photography your career? 
Well, through photography, I lost my shame at all. Because every beautiful things or moment that I see, I want to photograph them.

What makes a good photographer in your opinion? 
First is SKILLS. Second is ATTITUDE and GOOD CHARACTER.

Which one item of equipment would you say is the most important to you?
In photography, camera is our weapon.

What is the most rewarding part of photography? 
For me, these are praises and criticisms to your photographs. Trial and Error, learn from it!
Experience is the best teacher.

What is your most embrassing experience as a photographer?
As a street photographer, my most embarassing moment was, one of the vendor shouted at me,
and it's my fault also. I took a picture of his  selling items without his permissions.
And I was just, "K! I'm so sorry!" in my mind.

How photography change your life?
As I said, it took away my shame at all. I was always downcast and shy when I was in
public like outside of our house, amusement etc. Yeah, seriosuly.

I know you been working with some of the famous and influencial people in the country but may I ask whom do you wish/dream to work with and Why?
Mr. Nigel Barker, a fashion photographer. I want to learn a lot from him. And also, I want to work with other famous street and fashion photographers.

What tips can you give to someone aspiring to be a professional photographer?
If you're conscious with your point and shoot camera, then, don't be conscious! Shoot! Start from it.
Practice. Apply all basic compositions. Attend free workshops/seminars. Read a lot books or magazines about Photography. Learn how to criticize the photographs of others properly.

What are the best tools for a beginner to learn on (besides the camera)?
Learn the rules and basic compositions of photography...

What are the pros and cons of being a photographer? Please be specific.
Pros: Feel free to be a photographer! Wala sa pana yan, nasa indyan yan. Wala sa camera yan, nasa kumukuha yan.
Cons: You need a lot of money to buy some photography equipments, such as lens, tripod, speedlight flashes etc.

I know you like traveling for shoot or even for chill-out, can tell me where is the best place to be to do some shoot? and why there?
Philippines, because of our clean and green environment. I love to shoot historical places here in Philippines.Then, American countries, I want to shoot classical places.

If you weren't a photographer or a multimedia artist, what would you want to be? Why?
Interpreter or Tourist guide. When I was in highschool, I really love studying different foreign languages and other foreign cultures. And it was also my preparation for college. In other hand, my parents encouraged me to take nursing, and I finished it already.Just a fact, I'm planning to enter college again and take AB Multimedia or AB Photography.


How do you see yourself 20 or 30 yrs from now?
Be one of the photographers of fashion magazine, or any magazine/newspaper.

What Kind of Legacy Do You Want to Leave?
Education.

Any final mesage? Its your time to shine..
Thanks Axl for this interview! To all Axl's reader, follow my tumblr, bryanbenida.tumblr.com and
follow me on my twitter account @bryanbenida.


Here some of the works of Bryanbenida







Comments

  1. another aspiring photographer well well well good luck to him
    and good morning axl

    ReplyDelete
  2. alo Brian!nice to see other photogs here.naku---diko pa natapos sagutan form ko!!!hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  3. hello Brian, best of luck! ingat din kayo sa street photography sessions nyo, alert din kayo dapat baka bigla na lang hablutin cam nyo, ingat. nice photos!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, nurse and photographer in one. Lovely shots!

    ReplyDelete
  5. good luck on is dream to became a fashion photographer one day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello everyone! Thank you to all your compliments, and Axl thank you for this hot-spot. :))

    ReplyDelete
  7. If you DREAM...
    WORK for it.

    If you DREAM...
    and things don't happen the way you expect it,
    keep DREAMING...

    These photos are the living WITNESS
    to your dreams BRYAN...

    Just reach out for it and SOMEDAY...
    you will see yourself living in that DREAM.

    CHEERS to you and AXL for featuring a promising
    FASHION PHOTOGRAPHER.

    ReplyDelete
  8. galing ng kuha :)

    colleague ko pala siya ..hhehhehe

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts