Hot Spot : Herbert Kikoy

Who is Herbert Kikoy? We are neither close nor do I know him personally but get to chat with him about simple things like business and social media on certain occasions.

Very recently I've learned that he's into photography too and has taken a keen interest on nature as his subject like me! It's very easy to fall in love with nature if you're in the Philippines with its spectacular islands and rare species.

Come! Let's get to know the man behind the cam in Hot Spot.

                                                     
                                                                   
                                                                   
              ____________________________________________  
                                 
Name: Herbert Kikoy
Alias: Hashified
Signature: Noob Photographers
Website: http://www.herbertkikoy.info
Photoblog: http://www.maniniyot.info
Location: Cebu
Age: 29
Genre of Photography: Landscape / Macro

Tell me about yourself that people dont't know: 
~ Hmmm... My circle of friends knows a lot about me but the only thing they don't know is that I dont know how to drive either a motorcycle or a car. Stupid huh?

How did you get started in photography? and what camera did you use? 
~ After I graduated college and start working and getting a cellular phone with a camera, I had this "eye" to see things in a different way, (not a third eye though) so out of curiousity, I took them from the camera of my cellular phone. So that's it, I think that's how it all began :)

How would you characterize the style of your photography?
~ I am a minimalist type of person so I prefer things to look simple yet they represent something captivating.

Who or what influenced you to become a photographer?
~ Uhmmm.. I think I influenced myself :D

How did you become a photographer? And When did your career start as a professional photographer?
~ I do not call myself that way and I never had a career in it. I consider this as a hobby (too late to realize that this is a very expensive hobby).

Why did you make photography your career? 
~ Like what I said earlier, I do not consider this as a career or something, just a hobby :)

How did you go about selling your first photograph?
~ Published a couple of images to stock sites yet wasn't able to sell one. Hoping to earn some in the future though :D

What makes a good photographer in your opinion? 
~ A good photographers is someone who can captivate simple things and turn it into a masterpiece.

Do You Have A Favorite Walk Around Lens...If So What Is It? 
~ Most of the time I use the lens kit as most of the time, we (my family) always end up on restaurants. :D

Which one item of equipment would you say is the most important to you?
~ I think the lenses :)

What is the most rewarding part of photography? 
~ When you posted your photos on Facebook and there are several people liking and commenting on your shots.

What is your most embrassing experience as a photographer?
~ i have no single idea as I rarely went out to shoot and most of the time, I always get stuck at work.

How photography change your life?
~ uhmmm..... I really do not know exactly. As long as I can see that my shots are good then im happy with it.

What tips can you give to someone aspiring to be a professional photographer?
~ Uhmm, from a newbie like me, I think those aspiring people who want to venture photography, you must be prepared in all aspect especially "money" as photography is one expensive stuff.

What are the best tools for a beginner to learn on (besides the camera)?
~ He/she must learn in the first place that photography is an expensive hobby :)

What are the pros and cons of being a photographer? Please be specific.
~ You can shoot all you want and shoot the way you wanted (just dont go and sneak on your neighbors windows)

I know you like traveling for shoot or even for chill-out, can tell me where is the best place to be to do some shoot? and why there?
~ I would always prefer beaches and mountains, we used to trek before and seen a lot of captivating scenes

What goal are you working towards within your photography and when will you know you have reached it?
~ My goal as of this time is to get a good SLR body and once I have it, I am all good to go :D

If you weren't a photographer or a multimedia artist, what would you want to be? Why?
~ I would probably an engineer now if I never spoiled my college days

How do you see yourself 20 or 30 yrs from now?
~ A father, a son and a husband as always :)

What Kind of Legacy Do You Want to Leave?
~ Uhmm... I want people to remember that I took this "photo" .. something like that :D

Any final mesage? Its your time to shine..
~ Nothing much to say, If you want to pursue on something, always go for it and show no mercy on the trials that are lurking along your way.

Here some of the awesome photography of Herbert.









Comments

  1. nice interview! wanna know him in person!

    ReplyDelete
  2. eto ang isa sa mga favo portion ng blog mo pre un mga interview sa photographer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nakakahiya naman malagay dito parang di bagay. Salamat sa pagtitiwala sir Axl

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow di ko alam na photographer pala si Herbert (ngayon ko lang din naalala na nung nagrereview ako ng blog nya may nakita akong blog about photography)..

    naisip ko rin may chance rin pala ako na madevelop as a photographer hehehe.. kahit cp cam lang.. hahahah.. makagawa nga photoblog :p #blog+1

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. experiment2x lang yang photography2x ko boss AJ

      Delete
  5. Galing naman ni Herbert. like your shots.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Salamat po sir.. nakakataba ng puso yan :D

      Delete
  6. wohderful photography love the drama of every shot thumbs up

    ReplyDelete
  7. cool! landscape photography rin :))

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really being the good post and everyone has to think about it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. i agree with herbert, beginners shoud learn that this hobby is expensive. di ako makabili ng dslr kit e. :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow kahit busy si Herbert sa mga raket at articles nia nakuha pa rin niang mag set ng hobby na katulad nito, great shot

    ReplyDelete
  11. Naks naman, gumaganon! hehe. Photography is a really expensive hobby but the satisfaction you get is really all worth it! Keep it up Herbert!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello Herbert :) dream ko yan matuto sa photography laging palpak shootings ko ahaha

    ReplyDelete
  13. I wanna meet him too and learn more ablout the basics of Photography :) Nice conversation you had with him.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts