Hot Spot : Alvin Girard Fegi Caiña


Who is called Alvin Girard Fegi Caiña also know as Bino?  Well, let me share to you how I met this man named Alvin Girard Fegi Caiña.  

 Alvin Girard Fegi Caiña is one of my buddy in the Photobloggers group in facebook, kaso lately minsan na lang kami magkausap dahil na rin sa busy ng mga sked namin pareho.

Pero isa siya sa mga hinahangan ko sa mga travel bloggers dito sa mundo ng blogshere.

Madalas namin pag -usapan dati ang mga tungkol sa mga byahe niya, di dahil sa maganda yung place kungdi iniexplore niya ang positive side ng isang bansa kahit na mahirap itong puntahan.

Syempre napapag-usapan din namin ang photography at ang topic namin dito ay about the landscape at travel kung paano at anu yung mga concept niya bago niya pindutin ang kanyang kamera.

Para mas makilala natin ng husto si Bino, narito ang aking munting interview.

 -----------------------------------------------                                         
Full Name and Alias: Alvin Girard Fegi Caiña / Bino
Website/Blog: http://framelessworld.com
Twitter: twitter.com/framelessworld
Location: Quezon City
Age: 30
Education: Financial Accounting
Genre of your Photography: Travel Photography

Tell me about yourself that people dont't know:
 - I usually go to cemetery whenever I feel bad. The serenity of the place keeps me calm.

What is your current state of mind before we continue with the interview?
 - Peaceful (lols!)

How did you get started in photography? 
 - It started when I was 15. In every family gatherings or occasions, I always demanded control over the holiday snapshot camera. It was a bit late when I decided to buy my own camera. I was 22 when I got my first P&S digicam (Canon Ixus 70) which I always had with me wherever I go. When I decided to take photography seriously, I bought my first DSLR (Canon 450D) which I"m still using up to now.

Did you go to school to study photography?
 - No, I am a self-taught photographer. (Thanks to the resources available on the web)

What camera did you use? 
 - Canon 450D

How would you characterize the style of your photography?
 - I really don't have a definite style since I don't want to limit myself. When I take my photos I just often look for subjects or scenes that make me feel good.

Can you share with us some recent images?
And what's the story behind it?

The image about "A local in Kiber"
 - Throughout the state of Himachal Pradesh in India, you can see locals, mostly women, carrying woven basket loaded with anything on their backs. I saw her on my way to the nearby hill. She’s on her way up to her farm. Farming in this area is quite tough as summer only last for two months and it gets very cold for the rest of the year. According to some locals that I talked to, crops don’t usually survive the harsh weather. But the people here are very resilient and very hardworking and despite of all the odds, they get thru the day and are even generous enough to smile and greet tourists like me who visit their village.

Who or what influenced you to become a photographer?
 -  Aside from the fact that I just really liked it and it grew on me. I get inspire by the beauty of this world. From nature to wildlife up to the various cultures and traditons.

How did you become a photographer? And When did your career start as a professional photographer?
 - I don't consider myself a professional photographer yet.

How did you go about selling your first photograph?
- I haven't done this yet. Maybe after a year or two I'll start selling my pictures.

What makes a good photographer in your opinion? 
 - Someone who have the ability to get the best out of their subject. A photographer who can communicate using images and show the emotions from what is happening at that very moment.

Do You Have A Favorite Walk Around Lens...If So What Is It?
 - 18-55 mm

Which one item of equipment would you say is the most important to you?
 - Well aside from the camera, for me it's the tripod.

What is the most rewarding part of photography? 
 - Appreciation. But personally, when your picture makes you feel good.

What is your most embrassing experience as a photographer?
 - None so far.

How photography change your life?
 - Photography helped me learn to see things differently.

I know you been working with some of the famous and influencial people in the country but may I ask whom do you wish/dream to work with and Why?
 - No one in particular, but someone who is very passionate about what he/she is doing.

Here some five exclusive photos of Bino for AXLPPI.






What tips can you give to someone aspiring to be a professional photographer?
 - I don't consider myself as a professional photographer. Just practice and keep on improving with an open mind. Enjoy the learning process.

What are the best tools for a beginner to learn on (besides the camera)?
 - Proper lighting

What is your favourite recent image you have shot recently? Can you describe it’s creation in regards to location, lighting, composition, camera settings etc, also your thoughts when creating the image and what it means to you?
 - One of my favourite image is the "Elephants in the Wild". It was taken in Jaldapara Wildlife Sanctuary in West Bengal, India around 4 pm. Luckily, I was in the right spot where all of the elephants are visible in the frame. It's so special to me because it was my first time to experience Safari and see the wild animals roaming free in their natural habitat.

What are the pros and cons of being a photographer? Please be specific.
 - Pros - Self-employed (Free time)
   Cons - Self-employed (Self-discipline)

I know you like traveling for shoot or even for chill-out, can tell me where is the best place to be to do some shoot? and why there?
 - India. Mind-blowing landscape, architectural splendors, Amazing people and customs.

What goal are you working towards within your photography and when will you know you have reached it?
 - Everytime I shoot, my only goal is to create inspiring pictures... When people say that they also want to see or experience the places I've been, then that's it.

What photographic organizations do you belong to?
 - None.

Name a photographer you would like to take a portrait of?
- Andrea Bruce

If you weren't a photographer or a multimedia artist, what would you want to be? Why?
 - Singer or Flutist

How do you see yourself 20 or 30 yrs from now?
 - I'm still a travel photographer, sharing the beauty of the world thru pictures.

What legacy you will leave on?
 - Inspiring photographs.

Any final mesage? Its your time to shine..
 - Just enjoy and never stop taking photos. Learn to embrace frustration, It pushes you to learn and grow.

Comments

  1. gusto ko yung 3rd photo ehehe ang may something sa photo na mag-paparealize sayo ng buhay ng isang ordinaryong tao.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow ayus mga kuha niya ah...

    ReplyDelete
  3. agree sa first commenter, 3rd photo!!!!

    siguro ang common nickname ng alvin at bino. hehehe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Salamat po! :)

      Yup! Usually, Bino nga ang nickname ng Alvin.

      Delete
  4. crush ko na siya...lol... just like you, gifted syang kumuha ng mga shots na may buhay...

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow angas ng juha nya
    clarong claro at vibrant

    ReplyDelete
  6. Idol ko din yan si Bino. I'm glad he mentioned his elephant photos. Also my favourite photo of his.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Maraming Salamat sa pag-feature, Axl! Cheers!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts