Hot Spot: Juni Silva

Who is called  Juni Silva? Well, let me share to you how I met this man named Juni Silva.

We actually have known each other through gathering of the tri-media group called Helios International.

Actually yung 1st time ko siyang nakita obviously akala ko model siya dahil sa kanyang pananamit yun pala siya isang freelance chef, akalain mo yun oh di halata sa kanyang postura ang pagiging chef, ang balita ko pa nga kilala siya sa grupo bilang papa chef, obvious naman kung bakit di ba sa itsura pa lang pamatay na! Pude nga maging model ng isang kilala brand ng damit eh.

Anyway dahil isa nga siyang chef, noong minsan nagkaroon ng isang gathering ulit ay walang humpay na kwentuhan ang naganap kasama na syempre diyan ang mga pagkain dahil mahilig din ako magluto. Madami rin ako natutunan sa kanya pagdating sa kusina... Ikaw na na talaga ang Kusina Master Chef!!

And for you to get to know him more, I am having him as guest in my feature multimedia interview popularly known as Hot Spot.

------------------------------------------------------------



Name / Alias: Juni Silva

Website: gastromanila.tumblr.com

Location: Makati

Age: 23

Education: College

Genre of Photography: Portrait, Food

Tell me about yourself that people dont't know:

I used to dance back in the days Ha!-Ha!


How did you get started in photography? and what camera did you use?

I started because of first family and mostly friends influencing me. Started with my Olympus (Film)


How would you characterize the style of your photography?

My photography is basically me and my everyday life. It’s what I see and how I see it. It’s mainly a reflection of me.


Who or what influenced you to become a photographer?

My family since I wanted to get those precious “family”  moments and of course because of work =)


How did you become a photographer? And When did your career start as a professional photographer?

Well first I am not a professional photographer I am mainly a Hobbyist, Photography is not my main source of income though it does give me a few extra cash in my pocket.  But I got my first paid shoot just last year for a friend.


What makes a good photographer in your opinion?

Well basically photography for me is an art of expressing oneself through your point of view and of course capturing those moments. “Good” in photography is very subjective. So just keep shooting and when a photo gets your attention and makes  you feel proud, then there it is for you =)

Do You Have A Favorite Walk Around Lens...If So What Is It?

Walk around lens would be a very basic 18-105  it’s a kit lens for my Nikon actually but its sharp and very versatile for its price ;)

Which one item of equipment would you say is the most important to you?

Extra batteries and SD!! =))

What is the most rewarding part of photography?

Getting that “perfect shot” (though I don’t think it exists)

What is your most embrassing experience as a photographer?

Trying to move and then you get hit on a head by something hanging haha!

How photography change your life?

Makes you express yourself and you get to interact with a lot of people so it makes you more sociable in a way.

I know you been working with some of the famous and influencial people in the country but may I ask whom do you wish/dream to work with and Why?

If I could turn back time probably henri cartier bresson, simple, dramatic, fun, and just downright natural. I could learn a lot from him =)

What tips can you give to someone aspiring to be a professional photographer?

Keep shooting, you learn something every day and you will get lucky with that “million dollar” photo of yours.

What are the best tools for a beginner to learn on (besides the camera)?

Learn your lightings, exposures and your angles.

What are the pros and cons of being a photographer? Please be specific.

Pros is that you get to see life in a more beautiful view and you get that fulfillment in your photos, Only Con is that it will cost you a lot of money when you crave for more!! =))

I know you like traveling for shoot or even for chill-out, can tell me where is the best place to be to do some shoot? and why there?

Usually I like places that has meaning to me, or places I am familiar with so even before you get there your mind already think of what and how you will do your shoot


What goal are you working towards within your photography and when will you know you have reached it?

When I get to print around 20 pictures of mine I will put up in my home. (The worst person to please is yourself)

If you weren't a photographer or a multimedia artist, what would you want to be? Why?

A musician. I like expressing myself through art.

How do you see yourself 20 or 30 yrs from now?

Still taking photos and still working my ass off but of course with better gears!! =))

What Kind of Legacy Do You Want to Leave?

That knowledge and learning should never stop! That we are a lifelong student in this world =)

Any final mesage? Its your time to shine..


Always learn and make everything count.

Shoot as if it was your last picture, and always remember  To always try and achieve your dreams no matter how impossible it is, regret is never an option.

Here some of the fantastic shoot of  Juni Silva.







Comments

  1. nung di ko pa nababasa yung post, akala ko model nga. hahah! ang pogi naman nyan. pakilala mo naman ako. chos! :)))

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow. a chef and a photographer. gwapo pa. haaaay..

    ReplyDelete
  3. parang tagal mo nawala axl ah. nag hiatus ka.

    anywei, maganda din sa photography ang mga foodies. yung eksenang picture pa lang, nagrarakenrol na ang bulate sa gutom. hahahah

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow tamang tama to.. magkaka DLSR nako dis oct. Nainspire akong magphotography talaga. gusto ko yun sagot nya sa pros & cons. 1St time ko ba dito sa blog mo. parang bago ah. Maganda yung tmeplate mo.

    ReplyDelete
  5. nice sarap maging chef anyways welcome back axl its been ages

    ReplyDelete
  6. parang gusto ko magpaluto sa knya arw araw

    ReplyDelete
  7. ganda rin ng shots nya a! kakagutom!

    ReplyDelete
  8. ngayon ko lang napansin itong bago mong post.. hahahaha.. long time no talk bro! LOL

    mahilig ako sa mga pictures ng pagkain.. heheh.. pero weird, kahit maganda ang kuha nya di ako natakam.. kasi di ako mahilig sa gulay :p wala ka bang steak jan? hahahaha

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts